One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more essential. Winters in Belton are always changing and the chilliest days can often appear on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you ask a professional technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – dirty filters are one of the most common causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time passing through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the harder it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can ward off these troubles and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook small things like the settings of your thermostat. Double-check this important step, especially if there was a recent spike in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can definitely be confused as a real light switch, which is why it is often the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is a simple and effective way of checking the productivity of your furnace before you give a call to your Belton expert. If there are still difficulties after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to inform your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call Bell Air Conditioning Inc. in Belton.