Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Temple/Belton during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Bell Air Conditioning Inc will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Bell Air Conditioning Inc at 254-307-9572 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.