Whether you like winter or prefer the warmer months in Belton, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a huge impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Make use of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it needs to be switched out. We recommend at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The team at Bell Air Conditioning Inc. can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Bell Air Conditioning Inc. in Belton a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 254-307-9572 or arrange an appointment with us online.