Summer weather in Temple/Belton can be rough. But you don’t have to pick between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve compiled some tips to make it easy.
The top thing you can do to stay comfortable and sustain energy efficiency is by servicing your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working reliably and efficiently, and Bell Air Conditioning Inc is here to help. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll perform the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to be sure there’s safe operation of your system and the possibility of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as needed. Dirty coils require your system to run harder to do its job.
- Check system controls to ensure accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to be sure of correct system airflow.
Another crucial piece to staying cool is consistently inspecting your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter can boost energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to premature failure. Our Bell Air Conditioning Inc pros will check these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you cool when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you regularly would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people seem to forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven add heat into your home, but even routine activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can increase the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Bell Air Conditioning Inc at call at 254-307-9572 or request an appointment with us online.