If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to start researching them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Bell Air Conditioning Inc. in Belton at 254-307-9572. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.