According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers blowing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to contact Bell Air Conditioning Inc in Temple/Belton about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the pros at Bell Air Conditioning Inc. A yearly inspection of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Checking your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
Other ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts open will help you make sure the air in your Temple/Belton home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Bell Air Conditioning Inc at 254-307-9572 or arrange an appointment online.