The chilly temperatures in winter usually lead to high heating bills. Can you find ways to keep your home warm without inflating your energy cost so much? Yes! Bell Air Conditioning Inc has some ideas for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help improve your energy efficiency and help reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Use sunny days in Temple/Belton to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds and allow the sun to give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from leaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can manage your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and boost your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work harder and decrease your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns blocked? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start looking for a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help you save on your energy bills for years to come.
- You’re probably aware that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and escape through the attic. Ensure your attic is well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- Did you know heat can escape through your roof? Check it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is a lot of work, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 254-307-9572. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable year-round, even in the harshest Temple/Belton weather.