When it’s frigid in Belton you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might need a furnace repair. The sooner you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Bell Air Conditioning Inc..
1. Your furnace is loud. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could indicate several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Bell Air Conditioning Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.