Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Temple/Belton season, have the specialists at Bell Air Conditioning Inc conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We recommend looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Bell Air Conditioning Inc today at 254-307-9572.