Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Temple/Belton is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Bell Air Conditioning Inc constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Bell Air Conditioning Inc in Temple/Belton at 254-307-9572 today.