You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Bell Air Conditioning Inc have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the new temperature, try modifying it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Bell Air Conditioning Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 254-307-9572.